FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:37 am
txrus

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
When I checked in for a flight last week, I stopped the GA from stapling the baggage receipt to the BP & asked her to put it on the back. She promptly handed both to me & said, in a somewhat panicked tone, that I had to do it myself & if anyone asked how the receipt got on the back, I had to tell 'them' I did it. Said mgmt. is forbidding them from doing that now on the grounds that it prevents pax from reading the CoCs.

I said to her if this is what Discount Dougie is focusing on, no wonder AA is the mess it is.

Since there was no one around, we ended up chatting for about 15 mins-she's a 30+ year LAA employee who was almost in tears out of frustration for how the airline is being run. Said 'they' make us go to customer service classes, but then tie our hands when it comes to actually providing good customer service, which I have no problem believing. The issue of the 14% profit sharing that DL gave it's employees also came up-lots of frustration around that, which I understand, as well.

Whomever comes in after Discount Dougie & his minions is going to have a heck of time cleaning up the mess he has created.