FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha claims they're overbooked and want to cancel my reservation
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:51 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by arlflyer

And who is going to enforce that? The police? Marriott’s lack of willingness to go to bat for its customers has been pretty well documented lately. See St. Regis thread.
This property has a documented history of not complying with Marriott's policies and rules. Marriott has already cracked down on the property previously. See here: https://onemileatatime.com/al-maha-award-redemptions/

As I've repeatedly said in this thread, I don't believe the property because of their prior bad acts.

I'm also encouraged that Marriott has previously cracked down on this property. If anything, this would be a more egregious violation. Properties can't just cancel award-redemption reservations because they want to take a cash booking. If they could then every property would do it and redeeming points would be worthless because there would be no consumer confidence.