FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Venice ... in July
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:33 am
iapetus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Cannaregio is one of the neighborhoods that first drew my attention when looking at a map of Venice. Castello was next. Both the ai Cavallieri and the Ai Mori sound nice. But what we'll probably do is go through an apartment broker for a one-week rental (it's what we always do in Rome and what we'll be doing this year). Looking at the two posts above, I'm inclined to go with Castello ... or a well placed apartment in Cannaregio. That said, Perche, your point about trying to get two eight-year-olds to do all that walking is an issue (one is OK; the other needs to constantly stop for a granita ), and I do want to be mindful of that.

If we were to select a place in Castello, how difficult would it be to get our bags (mrs. iapetus promised to scale back this year, but I'm skeptical ) from Santa Lucia into town and then back out again for a Saturday morning flight (11:00am) at Marco Polo? That might be my principal concern about staying so far from the train station.

Originally Posted by Perche
You can also get back to Piazza San Marco in the evening, after the day trippers have left, around 9-9 PM, and have a Spritz.
That sounds absolutely grand! ^

Originally Posted by Perche
So there is nothing wrong with skipping that USA/UK/German breakfast and going out and having a piece of cake for breakfast, with your coffee (it's not called espresso).
Odd, I don't think it would occur to me to ask for either; I'd request un caffè.