FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crediting AC Basic Fares and Domestic AC Flights to OZ
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:22 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Crediting AC Basic Fares and Domestic AC Flights to OZ

https://flyasiana.com/C/KR/EN/conten...alliance-miles

Hopefully someone here have experience with this and can address these questions for me. According to the chart, domestic AC flights don't qualify for any miles even if it's K fare. What about K-fares for international such as the US, but contains a segment within Canada (i.e. YVR-YYZ-LGA)? I'm assuming I won't earn any miles for YVR-YYZ, but I'll earn miles for YYZ-LGA at 50% of the total distance flown in that segment?

I didn't know AC introduced basic fares to Europe until fairly recently. Seems like a lot of the results on Google Flights are basic fares, but they're coded as K-fares. When I click on the link to go to AC's website to purchase the fare, it says that I won't earn any Aeroplan miles on domestic flights and only 25% on international. Since I'm crediting to OZ, how will this work? Let's say it's YVR-YUL-CDG, I'm assuming I won't earn any miles for YVR-YUL, but I will earn miles for YUL-CDG?