FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:30 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Toshbaf
Still waiting on the next quiz

I am working on a few new questions, but given my limited intellect and propensity to overindulge in whiskey on a nightly basis, the process is tortuously slow. Things were better in the psilocybin days.

Additionally, in four days I'll be making a short trip which will involve heading out to sea for a couple of days where I'll not have any internet access. As things look now, it might be best to wait until April 2nd when I get back. Unless that is, you don't mind the extended time off while I'm at sea in which case I could probably toss you a few bones by Thursday

13. Many of the previous questions were from 1984. Fast forward to September 2007. You're leaving Allentown (ABE) to Newark (EWR) at roughly 12 noon for a connecting flight. The ABE EWR segment is ticketed on Continental Airlines. What aircraft is used? Is there First Class? Approximately how many Economy/Coach seats?

This sounds like Continental Express. Any detail beyond that is a crap shoot, so for now I'll leave it at that. But here's the thing - it's only about 80 miles from ABE to EWR and I know that for awhile Continental was using a bus service to get its passengers to Newark. As such, the "aircraft" might have been an MCI J4500 motor coach. With its stunning good looks and steadfast dependability, it may well have offered a superior transportation experience compared to some nameless Embraer or Dash 8. No First Class seating would have been available, but the industry standard for buses of this size is typically 44 seats, so let's go with that.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 27, 2019 at 12:20 am