FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC/CA China fares only allow routing through Beijing?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:12 pm
david_oz

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lsquare
Does Wheretocredit even show EQM? There is a column for RDM and I thought it applied to EQM as well. I'm still debating whether to credit my future flights to OZ or UA. My problem is that I can't figure out whether domestic AC flights in discounted economy will count for anything especially if only one segment is within Canada, but the last segment is international (i.e. YYZ-YVR-TPE or YVR-YYZ-LGA). I'm trying to figure that out. If the domestic flights don't count for anything then I guess I'll have to consider UA considering what you had stated in your post.
The only reliable way to do this is to use the UA website. Here is the page for Air Canada earnings https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ir-canada.html
Since it's my thread, am I allowed to take it off topic??
If you're in the UA program, try your best to avoid domestic AC flights within Canada. If there's an option for your flight to transit via an Asian hub, do that instead and you'll be better off from a status / PQM perspective.

Originally Posted by lsquare
So to be clear, if one have a lower status than UA1K, then they won't get 100% status mile? PQM is another acronym for EQM right?
Nope. PQM (ie. Miles counting towards status, in regular person language) is not dependent on the status you have. It is dependent on the miles you fly, the fare code, and which carrier operates the flight.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
+1 to this. AC seems to have made some changes to their site that have rendered PowerTools largely useless. I'm about 0 for my last 15.
I just found this out the hard way. Although I was able to price it out on the website, I was unable to book it either through the site or through an agent. Apparently the inventory data on ITA matrix wasn't correct. Meanwhile prices to XIY have increased. So now I'm going to settle for the PEK transit option in the hope that still works, and see which Chinese cities are still available at a decent price through AC or an OTA. I'll report back with the result.
Cool tool though... that was my first interaction with javascript ever.