FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinion on deplaning etiquette?
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:35 pm
Gadot
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by evergrn
Recently I had a guy in the row behind me who boarded the plane late, had more than his share of carry-ons, and managed to put three things in three different overhead bins including one a few rows up from his seat. As soon as the plane parks at the gate, he thinks he has to collect all his stuff immediately even though we're in Y and we weren't gonna start moving anytime soon. The guy gets his first couple items down, reaching over my shoulder/head to grab one of them, then unbelievably he says excuse me and starts pushing his way up towards the front of the plane, saying his bag is up front. I don't like to make a scene, so I make way for him and apparently others do the same and he pushes his way a couple rows up so he can grab his third stuff. The whole time the line's not moving at all. It's somewhat common to see people push their way back to retrieve stuff from further back. It's odd and unacceptable to do that when the stuff is further up front.
The only thing to say to be nice is that I have told deplaning is when the most bags go missing - esp if placed away from owner.