FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Roissybus or RER E/B to CDG T2-E- Sunday morning from St. Lazare
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:02 am
DCJoe1

Originally Posted by geo1005
Apologies for the hijack of the thread... Would the same apply for a family of four from Luxembourg Garden area to CDG Terminal 1 on a Saturday morning next month (April - with a 10 AM CDG1 departure so plan is to arrive at CDG1 by 7:30 AM). Are we better taking an Uber instead of RER B?
This one I feel confident to answer! If you have to buy 4 tickets to CDG it will cost 41.20 euros, versus probably around 50 euros for an Uber. So your savings is considerably lower than mine with the Navigo passes. You will also have to add a second step at CDG, which isn't difficult but does take a few minutes- the transfer to the CDGVAL and then 2 stops to Terminal 1. I am sure a drive that early in the morning on a weekend will be traffic free, so you are looking at a 40-45 minute drive vs. probably an hour door-door depending on how far you are from the Luxembourg station on the RER B.

Personally I would take the Uber, but if you like trains the RER B will likely work well. Aim for one of the nonstop options from Gare du Nord to Roissypole- will save you about 15 minutes.