FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Combined 2019 AA Domestic Meal, Meals, menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:28 am
BigOAir

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Delayed meals are FA dependent. More often than not, if I fall asleep early into a meal flight and I don't wake up until after the meal, the FA will ask if I'm ready to eat and will have my meal (including a pre-order if applicable), which is great. But sometimes I get a begrudging "I'll have to see what's left" (read: FA was going to eat my meal and I woke up just in the nick of time). And I've gotten strange answers on the rare occasions when I've asked in advance to wait a couple hours to eat, so YMMV. Presumably it's a problem for an FA intending to do the service, pour a refill, and then hide out in the galley. I'd say it's less likely to be a problem in F than in J. Definitely pre-order if you're going to do that though.

Coats should be hung in both F and J; the FA should hang for you.

Thanks! I was afraid of the YMMV aspect, but I can't say I'm surprised. Oh well. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. I'm hoping/expecting that at least on the F inbound delaying service won't be an issue; want to check out the Flagship First Dining in the lounge beforehand and don't expect to be hungry as soon as I'm up in the air and headed west.

Last edited by BigOAir; Mar 26, 2019 at 9:19 am Reason: typo