FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Combined 2019 AA Domestic Meal, Meals, menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:46 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by BigOAir
I was an AA domestic FF back in the day, but haven't flown AA in many years. Next month, I'll be flying AA SFO-JFK, outbound J and inbound F on A321 Layout 3. Do FAs allow you to postpone meal service until the second half of the trip in J and F on 3-cabin transcon flights like these?

Also, regarding the same flights, I see on seatguru.com that these planes have coat racks at the very front. Are these for F alone or can J passengers hang jackets there, too?

Many thanks.
Delayed meals are FA dependent. More often than not, if I fall asleep early into a meal flight and I don't wake up until after the meal, the FA will ask if I'm ready to eat and will have my meal (including a pre-order if applicable), which is great. But sometimes I get a begrudging "I'll have to see what's left" (read: FA was going to eat my meal and I woke up just in the nick of time). And I've gotten strange answers on the rare occasions when I've asked in advance to wait a couple hours to eat, so YMMV. Presumably it's a problem for an FA intending to do the service, pour a refill, and then hide out in the galley. I'd say it's less likely to be a problem in F than in J. Definitely pre-order if you're going to do that though.

Coats should be hung in both F and J; the FA should hang for you.