FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha claims they're overbooked and want to cancel my reservation
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:24 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Bold : I'm curious what would be the comparable Marriott hotel that comparable to Al Maha ?
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Exactly. There are no comparable properties in Dubai.
Exactly. I would be pretty disappointed in this situation. There would be no place else in Dubai that I would consider. At this point, however, there's really little to be done. This is a NYE rezzie? There are certainly other nice places to go for NYE; however, as pointed out upthread, unless the substitute property has the same owner, Al Maha will have to pay out of pocket. OP doesn't give any info about him/herself in the displayed profile; but if s/he has an Ambassador, this would be a perfect situation to give to the Ambassador. Let the Ambassador find a somewhat comparable property and negotiate some type of F&B credit or other special concession as partial compensation. Ambassadors have both the ability/authority (I'm pretty sure) and bigger picture vision to understand what's going on and make things happen. I believe that Ambassadors have a budget for this stuff, too. I only used my Ambassador a few times during the two years that I had an Ambassador, but she did some great things for me.