FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is there such as disconnect between PL and Polaris in-flight?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:37 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MysteryTour
I fly business class only for leisure - my employer would never pay for a business class ticket for me - only the top senior executives are allowed to fly business.

I only sleep on eastbound flights that depart in the evening and arrive in the morning. I'm not going to sleep on a flight that departs at 10:00 or 11:00 AM and arrives in the afternoon - I just woke up and I am going to sleep not long after I arrive.

Therefore, the food, beverages, entertainment, seat (not bed) comfort, and service all matter very much to me - as they would if I was staying in a hotel or eating in restaurants on vacation. When I am awake during the day, I eat every 4-6 hours, and I expect to do that when I am awake and flying. United is currently failing horribly on the food and beverage situation. I am at the point now where I will pack my own sandwich and snacks rather than face the food they are often serving. When I am paying several $K for a ticket, that is pathetic.
What about flights that depart in the AM and arrive in the AM?

(I do agree with your general point about the dissatisfying food & bev diminution vis a vis the just-for-sleep assumption built into UA service.)