FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about travel industry rate [Merged threads]
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:57 pm
Intl359Widget

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm finding out the same thing this morning, from a missing stay request 2 weeks ago that I just submitted. It was the first time I used the Z31 rate code.

my company perks used to steer us to the "corporate leisure rate," and the code for that was "XML." I never had problems getting points on the XML rate. Now, the XML rate still exists, but when you click on the rate rules, it lists a bunch of companies that are applicable to the XML rate, and ours is no longer on there. They have steered us to the "Z31" code which also lists a slew of companies but (apparently) doesn't earn anything. I guess Bonvoy can be judge and jury here- but if my corporate leisure rate earned points and nights, and then one day, the rate code changes and now it doesn't anymore, but I'm with the same company, that's pretty scheister-ish of Bonvoy. I'd hope for a bit more transparency from them but so far, the merger has been anything but transparent.

I appealed to them via CS email a second time, claiming the switch from XML to Z31 with no disclaimer that it wouldn't earn credit was lousy, and it was the first time I booked with the Z31 rate code. We shall see what they say. Hilton is looking better and better!
I wish you nothing but the best of intentions but Marriott is pretty much garbage in this area. For years, Starwood had an Airline Associates leisure rate that actually earned nights and points. Lo and behold August 18th came and Bonvoy'ed we got with these changes across the board.