FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha claims they're overbooked and want to cancel my reservation
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:21 am
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Marriott's ultimate reservation guarantee doesn't limit rebooking to a Marriott property. So, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a comparable property.

If there isn't a comparable property in Dubai or the United Arab Emirates and the original poster was open to staying elsewhere I would offer Luxury Collection properties elsewhere and require daily breakfast and dinner as part of any negotiated compromise.

Regardless, I still believe the original poster should hold her or his ground.
I believe it has been determined that the "Ultimate Reservation Guarantee" only applies to actual walking, not advanced cancellations. This was debated at length on another thread where someone's reservation was cancelled a day or two before arrival and not granted the ultimate reservation guarantee. Not sure how "rebooking at a comparable property" ties to this.

Originally Posted by Marriott T&Cs
The Ultimate Reservation Guarantee is not offered at the following brands: Design Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, and participating Vistana properties. Pursuant to section 4.1.c. if an Elite Member has a confirmed reservation, but is relocated from the property upon arrival, the Participating Property will pay the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee compensation in place on that date under the Program Rules. If an Elite Member receives Ultimate Reservation Guarantee compensation, then he/she is not eligible to receive additional Elite Benefits Guarantee compensation.