FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is there such as disconnect between PL and Polaris in-flight?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:23 am
CaptKornDog

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
I’ve only flown J internationally on one trip (and it wasn’t on UA), so sure my opinion comes with a grain of salt. And most of my plain old domestic F upgrades come out of my own pocket or occasionally I’m lucky with a CPU, but someday hopefully will pay for a Polaris trip via miles or cash with family.

All I would want is consistency, whether it’s J or F. If UA advertises something (food, anytime snacks or express dining, wine, PJs, bedding, etc), I want to reasonably expect it is available rather than play a guessing game. Any given soft product aspect shouldn’t have to be a secret, or something an FA chooses to not offer or make available because they don’t feel like it or have a bad day. Especially since I’m not up front all that often to just shrug it off because there’s “another trip around the corner.”

Yes, I’d fall into wanting to experience and expect a decent premium soft product camp, rather than solely a decent seat/bed. Or rather, I don’t want to have “zero expectations so UA could only impress me.”