Old Mar 24, 19, 9:56 pm
tingadingling

Programs: SQ PPS, KLM Platinum, Air Berlin gold, HHonors Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by kale73 View Post
So? It's been impossible to redeem MP miles for any class on SQ for several months.

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??
I can emphathise. On its best day, SQ award bookings for J and F are still painful to get. Fact is, they have to offer an awards program but they dont make it particularly easy. When I was PPS (1K equivalent?) Id still be waitlisted all the time and have to harry their operators to clear several weeks before a flight (which they often eventually did). Id hate to be an alliance partner member trying to redeem on SQ.

Though in this instance, it seems to be a multi partner problem with UA that has now been resolved except for SQ. I dont see why theyd be in a hurry to fix it frankly.
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
I think the OP can book the segment in X and then change it to I if/when it becomes available . . .

RTW tickets can usually be changed en-route.
Yes, this is exactly what Im doing. If we dont get I well fly X for this leg, my main concern is baggage limits and not so much cabin/seating as we plan to sleep during the red eye anyway.

For future reference, try and book *A RTW redemptions a year in advance and be prepared to amend routes if I or F is important to you. I was flexible and still landed with a suboptimal routing. You can call in to change flights when I becomes available, but have to pay $125 for each change, on SQ anyway.
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
There are plenty of Saver First awards HNL-SFO available - you have to be prepared to fly last minute - they typically are not available in more than a week in advance.

40K F awards available 3/25, 3/27, 3/28
Great advice - thanks shall try this. Your nick name lives up to its promise!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 24, 19 at 10:27 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member