FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Columbus CMH - no SkyClub
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:30 pm
pgh234

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Regardless of how you split hairs, Columbus is the biggest city in Ohio and is the second biggest in the Midwest. I can't think of another city with 800,000-plus people without a Sky Club. Plus, you have Fortune 500 companies in or near Columbus on top of one of the biggest public universities in the country.

Just seems odd not to have even a Priority Pass lounge.
Umm PIT, just 2-hours away, does not have a SkyClub...and it had the PIT-CDG flight for a decade. It is also a very similar sized operation to CMH (if not a bit larger). I personally have never even wished that PIT have a SkyClub as I never spend any large amount of time there. Like CMH, it is a quick and-and-out for O&D traffic with no one loafing around for connections like in the hubs. PIT does have a new Priority Pass lounge though that, once again, I have never had the need to use.

For an even larger operation, look at BWI with no SkyClub (granted, not in the Midwest...but I am not sure how that fits into your metric)

I also don't consider it to be "splitting hairs" to call CVG and CLE larger populations...because they are. CMH, IND, BNA, etc have all annexed their suburbs to become much larger geographically. PIT, on the other hand, still has the same borders from 1907 I believe. Therefore, in the "city" of Pittsburgh, the population is only 300,000 people with it's relatively tiny geographic footprint. We all know there is not more than double the amount of people that fly out of CMH vs PIT. The catchment area (i.e. people who identify "Pittsburgh" as their home airport) for PIT is somewhere between 2.5 and 4 million people...which would make it quite a bit bigger than CMH.

Last edited by pgh234; Mar 24, 2019 at 5:41 pm