Old Mar 24, 19, 2:42 pm
swintec

Originally Posted by beofotch View Post
So we are hoping for a nice suite upgrade at the St. Regis Puerto Rico for a reservation less than 10 days from now. The 5 day window is quickly approaching.
I just got back from a 6 night points stay here. Very nice property. As for your SNA question, I applied SNAs awhile back. SNAs didnot clear at the 5 day mark so I figured all hope was lost but the next day at the 4 day mark, I received a success email shortly after 2 PM EST. I had chosen the top 2 suites as my options and was successful in getting a St. Regis Suite. Side note, with this suite selling for $2400 a night during my stay, combined with the 5th night free benefit i managed to get a value of 4 cents per point out of the points used on this redemption.

I have to wonder if I would have received this upgrade anyways.

At check in, the agent mentioned we have upgraded you to a st regis suite (if this was out of their hands, why would they state the same things they say for regular, non-SNA room upgrades?). All of the evidence we have seen lately really makes me think this whole process isnt as "black box" as some keep saying and really depends on the property to execute.

Either way, its a great property with a great breakfast spread.