Old Mar 24, 19, 8:54 am
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by hfly View Post
I do not agree with the above statement that Star lounge access is in some way inferior to the other two alliances. I would say that it is slightly better than Skyteam, and slightly worse than Oneworld. The big difference being that Oneworld Emerald flying business gets access to Oneworld FIRST lounges, while Star generally does not (neither does Skyteam BTW). Oneworld also has better policies on the use of US domestic lounges than the other two.Skyteam WAS better than Star several years ago, but not really anymore.
This is very subjective and dependent on your flight routes. *G lounges have the widest coverage and IME are usually better than general OW/ST lounges. The flagship first lounges like those by CX, VS & QF etc are quite special as are the ME3 ones. SQ's TPR and UA Polaris doesn't compare to them. LH's FCT is spectacular though.

What OW has as you mentioned are lots of first class lounges and access for OWE elite that *A doesn't have.