Old Mar 24, 19, 8:35 am
ISTFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer View Post

Well Lufthansa is a strange beast. They have business lounges and senator lounges. The business lounges are NOT star lounges. The Senator ones are star gold lounges. Iím not sure what they have in Boston.
Both LH Business Lounge's and Senator Lounge's are *G lounges. The difference between them is the Business Lounge also accepts M&M FTL members (*S) [ not non-M&M *S pax ] when flying on a LH group carrier ( LH,LX,OS... ) and Star Alliance Business Class passengers on any airline. The Senator Lounge accepts all *G members on all *A flights and all *A F class passengers. All pax eligible to use the Senator Lounge's could also use the Business Lounge.

However, my next international *A flight from ISL ( to be IST ) would be IST-WAW on LO in Premium Economy Class in mid-May. As there is a Star Gold sign at all Turkish Airlines Lounge's at Istanbul Airport, I would try first going to the Exclusive Lounge, if rejected or if the lounge is not opened to service, I would head to the Business Lounge and if rejected at the Business Lounge, I would head to the Miles&Smiles Lounge. I would report my experience here or in a possible future "Which lounge" thread.

Probably there would be some other FT members that would fly before me and report the situation.

In addition, from an insider, I have heard that the Exclusive Lounge would be only available for E+ pax flying on TK J. He told me that he had heard this from another person and there is no source of the information. Currently, this lounge is marked as a *G Lounge at the signs at Istanbul Airport.