FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:56 pm
jasdou

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by skybluesea

@jasdou
And since their appears to be a near absence of willingness to hold AC feet to fire with nonsense such as continuing to accept pitiful compensation or worse travelers on this Forum directly enabling AC with carry-on mattress, then I consider a parallel forward looking approach also needed - nothing inconsistent about adding new tools to deal with this, and if risk of loss of future revenue helps me get compensation for failed past AC service, works for me. And if folks are not sharing their efforts here with AC - why???

and if you read my post again , it started with message directed to AC - you can choose to ignore the rest because not meant for you.

And before you criticize my broadening of actions in the face of lack of evidence herein of change by those who post here - how about you specifically explain what actions you are taking to help fellow AC travelers resolve this matter with AC.

I have done considerable research, translated into advocacy sent to AC, shared excerpts on this Thread for debate (and I’m grateful), and have openly sent draft letter to those who PM me.

Will I be successful- have NO idea? Will I sit on my butt just complaining about AC or taking AC breadcrumb handouts - NO way...

And I put sure AC money where my mouth states - I have written to AC and outright rejected $1,000 offer..and have advised my client that should I get full refund- this cheque goes to them, and if I get compensation for hassle that goes to me.

thank you for your challenge as reminds me how many folks here have employer/client paid travel, but pocket all AC compensation???.too painful/dangerous question I suppose?

So you want to call me out - fair enough, but before you do so, lay out here for everyone to see how you are helping every AC traveler facing buying J who may NOT know about deflation ...only so much I do on my own...and actions are all that count so criticize away.
I have so far refrained from commenting in this thread because I have not been affected by this since 2017 because the bulk of my travel is on narrowbody domestic and TB routes. As such, I do not feel like it is my place to do anything to help out or educate anyone on deflating seats. And yes I would advise potential passengers against the risk of deflation if I was asked about it. And no I have not pocketed any compensation money from OPM-financed travel but thank you for suggesting that I did despite you knowing nothing about my travel patterns.

You have been very vocal on this issue and I commend you on taking action on behalf of your clients, yourself and fellow J travellers. However I think we are pretty much shouting into the wind in this thread. Yes, AC lurkers will read what is going on here but the current results demonstrate that this thread has not (yet) led to a resolution. Therefore we can keep venting in this thread because it is free therapy but I would not hold much hope that anything will come of it.

Good of luck in your quest. I will continue to cheer for all of you from the cheap seats.

Last edited by jasdou; Mar 23, 2019 at 6:07 pm