Old Mar 23, 19, 5:49 pm
lsquare

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
I am at PHX flying PHX-SEA-YLW this evening. I don't have all my tools handy but happy to look later and can show you some spreadsheets on the CPT/JNB routing with BA. You can use ita Matrix and set the currency to CAD for searching round trip, one-way and multi-city itineraries. The Matrix will show you the fare classes that you can reference on AS Partner Charts.

Once you attain Elite Starus you will have it for the rest of the year in which you earn it plus the entire next calendar year through December 31st.

James at PHX.
Thanks for taking the time to help me understand this. I know Google owns ITA Matrix, but will ITA Matrix show the lowest price like Google Flights? What's the advantage of ITA Matrix over Google Flights considering they're both owned by Google?

If the fare contains both BA and AY operated flights, how will AS determine how much miles I'll accrue? Just take the fare class for the carrier's operating route and match that to AS' chart?

Let's say I earn AS status in August 2019, does that mean I'll enjoy having status for the rest of 2019 and for all of 2020? Then I'll need to reach the requirements again to retain status for 2021?