FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attaining AS Elite Status with Hainan Airlines?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:13 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
What do you mean by ex-Canada?

The problem with a lot of websites including AY's website is that it doesn't show the booking class of the fare. It won't be hard for me to find a cheap flight from YVR-YYC or I can always redeem miles/points to get to YYC. So I searched YYC-LHR-HEL-SIN. The cheapest business class fares that I got are C$4151.52. Now I have never booked airfare on AY's website before, but do they actually bill me in CAD or that figure is just for informational purposes? According to GCMAP, that route covers a total of 11,284 miles or 22,568 miles round-trip. I could make a vacation out of it. How many miles will I earn in total since the fare includes BA and AY? I'm assuming I should do this in January of 2020 to maximize the amount of status time with AS?

Edit: Nevermind, flying out of YVR makes more sense. It's only about $300 more and I don't have to deal with positional flights and hotels.
I am at PHX flying PHX-SEA-YLW this evening. I don't have all my tools handy but happy to look later and can show you some spreadsheets on the CPT/JNB routing with BA. You can use ita Matrix and set the currency to CAD for searching round trip, one-way and multi-city itineraries. The Matrix will show you the fare classes that you can reference on AS Partner Charts.

Once you attain Elite Starus you will have it for the rest of the year in which you earn it plus the entire next calendar year through December 31st.

James at PHX.