FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Cote d'Ivoire to be avoided
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:18 pm
B747-437B

Originally Posted by HGB
I have a long and in-depth experience of flying around the African continent. Air Cote d'Ivoire when they started their operation was a good airline providing very good service. But it did not last. My latest experience was an absolute disaster with a cancelled flight from Monrovia to Abidjan 2 hours before the expected takeoff for "operational reasons" which in Africa means either "we don't have enough planes for our schedule and we decided to cancel yours" or "not enough passengers expected so we're cancelling". Usually they give a little more notice but the worst was that when I arrived at the airport all the airline staff had left so no assistance whatsoever the find an alternative flight. And all this for a frightfully expensive ticket: about 700 USD for a 2 hour flight as I was catching their connection to Accra.
HF has been an operational disaster recently. I haven't seen a single flight that any of my colleagues have flown with them in the last few months arrive on time, or even within an hour of schedule. I had meetings with some folks at ANAC in Abidjan a few weeks ago and they were particularly critical of them. For the fares they charge, I personally expect more.

Disclaimer : My company is a direct competitor of HF and provides direct service in the Monrovia to Accra market listed above.