Old Mar 23, 19, 2:22 pm
ISTFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by G_G View Post
Star Alliance Gold signs don't mean that the *A Gold pax have access to a lounge.
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
That's exactly what it normally means.
Starflyergold is right at this point. It actually means that Star Gold is eligible for that lounge.

Originally Posted by G_G View Post
Yes normally as you said but I've been denied access to lounges even after showing my *A gold card
Unfortunately, Star Alliance is the weakest in the three alliances that interlines lounge privileges between their members. SkyTeam and oneworld are much more better at interlining lounge privileges.

I also have some experiences that I have witnessed somebody being rejected to Star Alliance *G Lounges even though they either have a Star Gold card or a First/Business Class ticket on a *A carrier.

An example,

In 2015, I had Lufthansa FTL status and I was flying BOS-FRA-IST in Y ( I was the only one who booked that flight ), with a large group of people ( 15-20 pax ) that was flying J class on TK that day on the direct service which most members didn't had status but some had TK*G. Some of us went to the Lufthansa Lounge in Boston, with my boarding pass I was granted access to the Business Lounge, however, all of the party flying TK was rejected ( even the *G card holders ) and was asked to use the Air France/KLM Lounge ( TK contracted this lounge at that time ). Btw, this is before LH expanded their lounge in Boston in their new location. This event occurred, in the old, small lounge which had limited seating, however, the deny reason was not capacity.

As this thread is not the appropriate thread.
If you want we could also continue to discuss this in the Star Alliance forum.