FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:17 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rmc1
I used the tool to do an RFP for 1 hour at LAX Marriott and they replied that they but they saw I only needed 1 hour and due to renovation space, rental is by the day and not by the hour so she suggested I get space at Westin LAX and they use Tangent which lets you do hourly and gave me the link. Of course, since you don't use the official Marriott booking tool I am guessing that you don't get the EQN which is the main driver for booking the meeting. Oh well, guess I'll try a different one.
I don't see anything in the T&Cs that says you must book via Marriott.com, just that you need to show your BONVoY number. Also the property must use the GPT to post the event and that alerts BONVoY to pony up the nights. If the rates are reasonable then call the property to ask if 1) they know about the GPT, and 2) will they use it to post your event. If both are met then there is a good chance you will get credit.