FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:51 am
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Jaunts
I agree with t1c. Loyalty programs are getting worse now, not better. Unless there is a major economic downturn that makes them desperate for business, I doubt things will get better.
I think that if some number of years into the future an outside data analytics firm (or a completely reinvented IT department) determines that a significant number of members are drastically reducing or eliminating their stay activity after reaching LT Plat, presumably while they're off chasing LT status elsewhere, then Marriott will reconsider current policy. I would expect the criteria to be quite high if that ever comes to pass.

What I also ponder is whether or not a LT Amb program will ever be introduced. Many will scoff at the notion, but I never thought I'd see the day when one could attain LT Global Services w/ United, but a "mere" 4MM will get you there today...

(And the above is precisely why I remain interested in my LT years counter in spite of already holding LTTE.)