FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary downgrade to economy.
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:37 am
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by 744

That’s happened to me on a SYDBNE I upgraded on points. I used to be QF staff and we were ignored on this particular flight by the old CSM who would have started at TN as I saw her start date on her ID. Or maybe she started at QF longhaul and now does short haul. She just chatted with the pair across the aisle and we were on descent before we got lunch. Poor service. I just use my points now on other airlines now. Won’t fly QF.
Interesting to hear. Would she have been able to tell you were ex-QF staff? I'm pretty sure there's no reason for my booking to have shown any link to having done staff travel (as a +1, not actual staff) unless QF have started a CRM and is tracking on other data like phone number. Even then, my points were hard earned and as a leisure traveler I'd still expect the same level as service as a business traveller. I could direct my spending and flying into other routes. As a non status passenger I only had row 3 available to us before check in opened and when it did, row 2 was available so I moved us. It may have been better if QF had not let us move and kept us in row 3 so that the service difference wouldn't have been so obvious.