FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:09 am
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyz
I'm not asking so much whether that's a good price — more whether, if seats are still available the morning of the flight (flight leaves at 6:30 am), the price will go down in the last few hours before takeoff. Or are people automatically upgraded that morning, so no seats will be left when I arrive at the airport?
You never know. Sometimes they leave two First Class seats that they only upgrade at the gate. Those might go to passengers that SDC into that flight or that purchase the TOD or to upgrades. Sometimes, there are no First Class seats left at all. If I even think that I would like to take a TOD, I do prefer to take it at the earliest time to get a better seat and not the last ones. There is no assurance that price will go down, sometimes they do go up. That's why I gave you the metrics.

If your flight is less than 3 days from now you can check the flight status on the United website to see how many First Class seats are sold. If the flight is further away you can check the number of First Class seats sold on the future flight status on www.cablepick.net/United.