FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines - A350 Premium Economy seat question
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:11 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

In row 31 you can put your cabin bag on the floor after takeoff and have a fully horizontal leg rest. Much better for sleeping if needed.

Just flew CI in PE and had row 31A booked. In my case, even without putting the cabin bag on the floor, it worked out quite nice using the magazine holder as support as when the leg support is all the way up it seems to be the same level as the pocket.
I actually find the CI PE seats to be one of the better PE fixed shell seat out there especially compared to the horrible PE seat of Air France. Only small complain is the not really 'premium' part of the service - I know only the first meal has the additional appetizer, but other than that, nothing premium about the meals.

Since it is also my first flying long haul with CI, I was actually surprised that the Economy purser (?) does personally greet I believe Elite+ passengers (ala CX) which is the first for me. This is a nice touch, however (for the sake of complaining ), I don't understand why CI does not go the additional (small) step of offering also a bottle of water from J or maybe even champagne from J - don't see the purpose of this greeting with let me know if I can do anything for you (isn't that why the FA's are there after safety?) when nothing special is offered? I tried them out by asking for an additional pillow (I thought that they would get me one from J - it was 50% empty), but what I received was just another one from Y.

All in all, I am quite impressed with the service from CI (especially compared to CX) and will certainly fly them again if I need to be in the region.

Cheers!