FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:25 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by sophialite
So a PA makes you feel better about yourself because they feign care for your personal life (all the while, deep down inside, despising the whole thing because of the blatant inequality between you and that person). And this kinship is great despite the fact that they’re paid to do it, and that in any other social scenario would never willingly sit in the same room as you.

I think I’m OK. Just a hunch.

On the not letting me forget I have to board a flight front, i have yet to miss a flight without the reminder. But then again that’s the purpose of insurance. Statistically, the event should be rare, but it gives you a good safety net just in case.

Does that insurance make the FCT better than the FCL? No idea. I do know that whenever I have to stay longer than two hours I want to kill myself either way.
Actually I don't think that's the case! They engage because they want to and I think they do have a genuine interest in their pax, especially the ones they have built up rapport with over the years. Same as on board - which I describe much like a cross between visiting your best friend... and your mother.

I admit I'm not nearly important enough to not be able to worry about what time it is or to be aboe to keep an eye on departure time. So that 'benefit' doesn't swing the FCT v FCL for me.