FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email receipt that car was returned -- but I still have the car!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:16 pm
LangeDan

Email receipt that car was returned -- but I still have the car!

I'm a Presidents Circle member, getting married in two days. I rented a car through Hertz at LaGuardia (my home location) yesterday to have through the wedding and a few days after -- to be returned on March 27. I received an email this evening at 5pm or so with a receipt, showing the car was returned at the Philadelphia airport, and due to the difference in location and time of return, my credit card was charged nearly $100 more than the contracted rate for a return next Wednesday.

Problem is, I still have the car and am not returning it until next Wednesday, as contracted!

I've been on the phone with more four different agents from four different departments for more than 45 minutes. No one has any information, and they keep referring me to others. Any advice on how to handle? I keep telling them that as far as they are concerned, my car was returned and as a result, in essence, I just got a free car forever. Obviously I'm not going to keep the car, but this is absurd.

The last thing I need to be dealing with two days before my wedding.

HELP!?

Last edited by LangeDan; Mar 21, 2019 at 6:16 pm Reason: Added details