FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:01 pm
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC
First time JL Flyer-to-be here, and wondering whether those knowledgeable could provide your insights into the following:

1. The flight we are most likely to be on (in J) is 783, a 767 with the Sky Suite. From the reading I have done on FT, it appears that there is a mixed reaction as to which seats a couple might desire. We have a daytime flight and it would be nice to be able to chat with each other. Is the aisle-window seats best for that? From the pictures I've see on the JL website, it appears that is the case? Of course, I've seen reviews that the window seat is a bit cramped: Would that be an issue for my slender 5'7" Japanese-American wife? On the other hand, the middle seats appear to have a large and non-retractable divider: Is that true?

2. If the scenario is a nighttime flight, does that change the desirability of the seat location. From what I've read, the window seat is definitely the most private.

3. We will be connecting in NRT to a JL domestic flight in economy. We have about 90 minutes. Are there special challenges with that set of facts?

Many thanks for your help.
Please don't talk across the aisle. If it's loud enough for the other party to hear, it's loud enough to disturb other passengers.

90 min is more than enough for domestic connection.