FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What should I do in Sydney in the rain?
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:26 am
georgina80

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
I remember one trip to Sydney when rain was torrential as in could barely see other side of the street and raindrops bouncing off sidewalk waist high -- get really drenched from top to bottom, plus knee-deep flooding in some places where drains could not keep up. But that is rare, though there was golf-ball sized hail and severe weather last Friday (bad enough to shut the airport down for a while). 90% of the time weather is beautiful and ideal for outdoor activities but can be pretty brutal with high-energy storms.

Sydney does have some great indoor activities (mentioned above). Paddy's market can be fun and is weather tight though its a mixture of trash merchandise with a few gems.
Yikes. So I will be in town Tuesday to Friday this upcoming week. Weather reports showing three days of rain and one day of clouds. On the cloudy day, I plan to squeeze in all of my outdoorsy things: Bondi-Cogee walk, opera house, botanical gardens and even the ferry to Manly if I can manage. That gives me three days to wing things. This shall be interesting... you never know, weather forecast could change again I suppose.