FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire Reserve vs. Amex Platinum vs ??? in March 2019 perks
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:15 am
safari ari

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Amex provides better benefits, some you mentioned. I.E Uber credits, Centurion+Escape+Skyclub, IAP for discount premium flight tickets, concierge service, special offers/relationships with restaurants or everyday stores, status with some hotels, and then the 5x on hotels and airline bonus.

CSR provides better travel/rewards. 3x on flights, 2x on dining out, trip interruption insurance (one of the biggest factors that I use this card over my Plat), rental car status, 300$ very easy to use travel credit, 1.5 point to $ conversion spend. It doesn't provide the level of service that you expect from Amex with their benefits, that go beyond just a travel card (for the most part).

So it'll really depend what you want out of the card. Are you planning on traveling a lot and want the insurance from your CC? Or are you looking for more use with cheaper premium cabin flights, using Uber, having a concierge to get you into a restaurant that isn't bookable, being in Centurion lounge airports more often than not etc. I think that is what differentiates the card the most. CSR is a simpler travel card and Amex is a more complex benefit card that you have to capitalize on to get more worth out of.