FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rosewood Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:34 am
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by MicSanToro
When you posted videos of your first room, I wasn't all that impressed. I didn't love the décor, the bathroom was way over the top, and it just didn't have the same wow factor as Rosewood's Beijing and London properties.

As soon as I saw that Corner Suite and pool, I was sold. The view from the Corner Suite is spectacular, and the outdoor pool couldn't be in a better position. I kid you not, my jaw dropped when I saw the view. Manor Club looks really great, too.

I've always preferred the RC over the FS, MO, and Pen when I've been in Hong Kong. I've pledged to stay at The Upper House next time I'm in the city for a personal trip, and it looks like I'll have to add the Rosewood to that list. It really does look amazing, and we'll see if either it or TUH can replace RCHK as my go-to hotel.

As a side note, Doronin is going to have a really hard time if he tries to create an Aman Hong Kong. There are too many great properties already in the city. Isn't there a StR under construction right now, too?
Absolutely fair and of course just because I love the decor and aesthetic doesn't mean I think everyone else will like it as well. But I must say it feels like someone's luxury flat/apartment vs. a hotel. The bathroom is a bit over the top but I think that's the only area designed this way. The rooms and all else feels elegant and a subtle luxury vibe. That's the atmosphere I felt when I arrived and still feel. If you're looking for interesting design details, there are plenty to notice and appreciate but at the same time, you could easily just be super comfy and relax as if it's your home.

But you're right, the views from the corner suites are the best in the city. Never seen anything like it here.

I had breakfast at the main lobby restaurant today (instead of the Manor Club) and the quality was great! Rosewood Elite or Virtuoso guests should be able to have the buffet + ordering items off of the menu. They were very generous about it.

On day 2, the Manor Club is only getting better from a service level. Just got a pillow with my initials on it during turndown, so that's a lovely touch as well.

On a negative note, the pool and spa aren't open yet. Not for few more weeks at least.
I had a treatment today and it was just on the 27th floor where they've turned a few suites into treatment suites. It was great and fine, but I would certainly be eager to see the actual Spa, soon.