FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Xiamen Air seat selection?
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:52 pm
endet

Originally Posted by ehuang03
Hey everyone,
Just booked a cheap flight with this airline. I'll be traveling with a few people. Have any of you booked a trip with this flight and was able to get seats next to each other? I could select seats, but they're all over the place. On the tickets, it says also that, the seats are going to be assigned when I checked in. I'm hoping once we check in, they could assign seats for us that are next to each other. It's my first time on this airline and they seem to be helpful with everything else. I screwed up with a birth year and they easily fixed it for me free of charge. Thanks!
I had success assigning seats in advance by contacting the local office. I dont know what your exact route is but the contact details on the "about us" page changes depending on the region / country you select on the top right hand corner.
May trip was DUB-XMN-MNL and return and the MNL was able to assign seats for me in advance.

Is this your first flight with them? Are you aware that you require a VISA for transferring flights in XMN as you have to enter China? There are Visa on arrival (or transfer visa) available to many countries but not all. I don't want to scare monger you but just make you aware that there is no straight "flight to flight" transfer as it would be in many other airports.