FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Replacement Benefit when Wi-Fi is included in resort fee
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:06 pm
KRSW

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I believe it was after a 2012 FTC warning that Starwood implemented a very transparent listing of resort fees in each rate that included a clickable/collapsable line that showed details of what that fee included - including taxes on the fee. Since the August 18th, 2018 conversion to Marriott, that disappeared, with many SPG properties not even having the little blue line that notes a general announcement of fees at the top of any property specific search results. I can only speculate if what appears to be primitive technology Marriott uses for their website is the reason or if Marriott willingly chooses to withhold that information from their customers, but this is another instance were SPG members have lost transparency and access to information that was previously available. Seeing wifi listed in that detail was something that helped make the case for the 'alternative amenity' at SPG resorts. It baffles me that legacy/pre-merger Marriott customers are ok with such vague information on marriott.com.
I seem to see the resort fees more prominently posted as of late...BUT parking fees are still absolutely buried on the websites. I'm finding them almost to the bottom of the Maps page for the particular hotel's website. Perhaps someone's found a better way to find this information? Either way, I think it should be posted front & center. I do take screen shots of the bookings these days for 1) Confirmation even if Marriott's system fails to work, at least I have proof that I did what I was supposed to do. 2) Rate detail, since this isn't e-mailed or found anywhere else, 3) Have evidence of what was advertised when I booked.