FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning AAdvantage Miles on China Southern Airlines / CZ
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:12 pm
ashill

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
I guess I'm asking this just so that I know for sure that I didn't misunderstood the OP, but if I purchase an airfare on CZ that is marketed and operated by them from say, YVR-CAN or YVR-SIN with a layover in CAN, and assuming the booking class actually qualifies for miles, then I'll earn AA miles which will keep my AA miles account active and not have those points expire? Not sure what V and Z class fares are, but they earn at least 10%. Most of the cheap fares that I've seen on CZ are in the Q class range., which should get me 25% of the miles flown.
Yes, any CZ marketed and operated flight in one of the listed fare classes (I don't know if that's all, but given both the number of fare classes and the range of earning rates, I would assume that is most if not all of the paid face classes on CZ) will earn at least some AA miles. Any earning or redemption of AA miles will keep your AA miles active, extending the expiration date of all your miles to 18 months in the future. Of course, there are far easier ways to earn or redeem at least 1 mile if that's your goal, but if you're flying CZ anyway, that will extend the AA miles.