FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:28 pm
HiramAbif

Originally Posted by KLouis
You are getting conflicting answers because you are asking the same question in different forums and get answers from all kinds of good Samaritans, including ones who worry too much like you or some who have no idea but still want to say something. Now to you.

Simple: you'll arrive at FCO 2 hours and 12 minutes before the departure of your flight; this is more than enough time to check-in for an intra-Europe flight (Schengen, for that matter), go through security (no passport/police/iimigration control!) and walk the 5-10 minutes to the gate (C gates). No way of predicting the length of the queues at CI, but with, usually, 4 positions (wo)manned and many people having no bag and already OLCI's, waiting will be rather short. Therefore, enough time for some shopping left, as well as for a last cappuccino. So stop worrying and learn to love the bomb!

Of course there is always Murphy's law to consider. If you are one of these people who atract all bad things there is only one solution, go to the airport the evening before as taxis could have a flat or trains could derail.

Conclusion: take the train that gets there at 5:52 and everything will be fine!

PS Intra-Schengen flights (Italy, netherlands and Spain are all part of that club) are handles as domestic flights
Thanks KLouis,
lol - This is the first forum I've asked any related question (other than google-ing & reading answers to other people's similar questions wherever google led. I am a newbie to Europe & to international flights reservations with connections that don't connect in the US. That said, thank you for your patience & understanding.

To you &/or anyone else:
Still unclear to me (& possibly unimportant) is: Do we go though Passport control at some point?..If so, when?...when catching our connection in Madrid??
In Madrid do we need to anything except get off one Iberia Plane from Rome & onto the other that flys to Boston? I plan to check us into both flight online. I assume the baggage we checked in Rome stays checked & they forward it to the new plane just like connecting flights in the US? Am I required to do anything before boarding that plane? Thanks.