FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR T3 Oneworld lounge hopping starting with BA First
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:16 am
ratypus

Programs: BAEC Gold
Random question...which lounge would be better as between CX and QF travelling as a family with (very) small children?

We'll be one BA Gold, one BA Silver plus two kids - the youngest is a baby so does not count as a 'guests' but he eldest will be two and therefore counts as a 'guest' (strictly speaking).

I am assuming that Cathay would enforce guesting quite strictly and not allow our group of 4 into CX First lounge? To be honest, I love that lounge myself but don't think it's a good place to bring even a well-behaved toddler as it's very small and quite 'boutiquey'. So I can see that CX may want to enforce the rule strictly, and that I might not actually enjoy it all that much even if they don't.

So it would really be between CX Business (which I have not visited as I us CX First normally) or QF? I'm thinking QF sounds like it's possibly better set up for this?

This will be early afternoon, ahead of a short-haul flight on BA in ET...so really just a nice spot for an alcoholic drink for the grown ups (gin is good!) and a snack is all we need.

I'm thinking Qantas may be best?