FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:07 am
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
GS on CPU is ahead of all non-GS even with instruments. Those are other GS ahead of you -- GA with instruments or GS with higher fare class,
I should’ve been more clear about who the “elites“ were. I am painfully aware of the fact that a GS on a CPU is ahead of all non GS even with instruments having had to suffer through this for years as a 1K and never having my instruments cllear out of SFO.
Originally Posted by LesPaul30

CPU’s are great and all but it’s certainly not guaranteed. Your odds have obviously been better but you’re flying out of a major hub or back to one- SFO.
As stated previously CPU upgrades are nice, but this isn’t the real “benefit” GS uses. Its mainly the IRROPS. The ability to throw a GPU on an award ticket is also huge for intl travel/vacations esp savor tickets, but sounds like you’re blowing through all your instruments in the two months you’ve been GS on domestic routes.
Well I have burned through many of them but I still have some left. Hopefully I’ll add to that later this year as I achieve 1K. To that point instruments seem to definitely clear easier as a GS.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 20, 2019 at 11:46 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member per OP's request