FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Route - Dammam
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:00 am
Desert_life

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
As someone who lives in Saudi and does the DMM-BAH run all the time for BA flights, I must say this is a great move from BA. Hope this route can become non-stop one day.

It’s always painful to cross the causeway during weekends or holidays. You can spend 2-3 hours just on the bridge. And bear in mind it takes at least one hour to reach the airport if traffic is good in Bahrain. Good luck to cross the causeway to catch a flight from Bahrain especially during Eid holidays. I usually leave my place 5 hours before the flight to avoid any unexpected delay at causeway.

Saudi airports are doing their best to improve their service. Immigration is super fast and luggage shows up right away. Used DMM airport several times and really pleased for their improvements although I usually cross the causeway and fly out of Bahrain due to other reasons. Typically, I only spend about 20 mins from leaving the aircraft to collecting luggage. But BAH seems to slow down these days. Luggage shows up after ages although with priority tag... This really makes me to rethink flying out of BAH. But I had to suck it up as QR is blocked here. RJ and UL do serve DMM, but won’t fly with them again as personal preference. So my only choices with OW are BA and CX. But both of them don’t fly to DMM.

So BA’s move to DMM would be a great improvement for my future travel.