FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:36 am
johnirvine

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I booked a couple of months ago FRA-SKG return, paid for upfront seat at 6 EUR each. Yesterday I used two coupons to upgrade to Business. I told the agent on the phone that I paid for the seats and she cut me short "The seats reservation fees are not refundable". I expressed my disappointment and we went forward with the upgrade.
Then after I tweeted publicly expressing the disappointment. Aegean twitter team contacted me. I emphasized that the seats were now free and Aegean could sell them again, effectively double dipping. Today they contacted me saying they refunded me the 12 EUR.

So I think that all of you in the same situation could push a bit on this, and hopefully Aegean will at least consider leaving those seats free for Gold.
After seeing your post, I decided to ask for a refund of an upfront seat booking fee on an ATH-TXL sector. This was upgraded for €80 using the Plusgrade 'Upgrade Challenge'. Their reply was as follows: 'According to our policy, the seat selection fee refund is foreseen only for involuntary seat changes, where passengers are re-allocated to non-equivalent seats (https:bit.ly/2IJBgYD). Therefore, in upgrade cases, after passenger's request, the fee for seat selection in Economy Class is indeed non-refundable, according to the relevant terms. However, as a goodwill gesture we do refund the relevant amount (6 Euros) to your payment card'.