FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:41 pm
msp3

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Had a wonder stay here recently, arrived just before cherry blossom season so it was not quite as busy. As Titanium, was offered room type upgrade and on high floor as per profile preference. Not suite per se, but very large room (would not expect this during actual cherry blossom season when they would probably be fully occupied). There are quite a few activities you can do such as go on a bike ride of Kyoto with staff, hiking, dress up in a kimono and walk around the area, etc. Service is thoughtful and anticipatory, even more so then I've had at other Ritz-Carltons and Four Seasons elsewhere. The location next to the river is great and really put me at ease compared to some busier part of the city.

The other thing where the properties goes above and beyond is breakfast, which I received as a Titanium member. Both the Japanese and western breakfasts (the latter is a buffet) were delicious and especially the baked pastry items from the Pierre Hermé Paris Boutique on-site is to die for (and makes a great gift if you are visiting your Japanese colleagues).

The last rather amusing thing I encountered at checkout was seeing some bratty DYKWIM (and only a lowly Platinum at that) throw a hissy fit at not getting an upgrade because this is the Ritz-Carlton, even pulling out some ...... OTA (which one isn't?) to show the front desk there's some room they demanded to be upgraded into, and generally unbecoming behavior at a place as nice as this. Absolutely shameful behavior on the part of the guest but the staff took it in stride and was gentle but firm with them.

10/10 would stay again