FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive "Booking Japan Airlines (JL) Using AS Miles" Thread - 2019 and Earlier
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:26 am
FT-hss

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Done Thanks! I booked 2A in F on NRT/LAX. But for DEL/NRT all J front cabin window seats are blocked. All over the wing cabin in the back are open. I selected middle 3G in the front. Hoping they will let me change to window in that section if flight is not full? Not sure if there is any other way to get the window. What are the advantages of pre-ordering meal? I like to try new stuff (fish only), no meat. If I pre-order do I have to stick to that and cannot sample an item or two outside of my pre-order?

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
You will get two confirmation codes when you book a JL flight. The first is the AS confirmation code and the second is the JAL confirmation code. You need the JAL confirmation code to book seats. You can find the JAL confirmation code both in your confirmation email and your AS reservation online. Go the the JAL website to manage your booking with the JAL confirmation code and you can select seats from there. As mentioned by rustykettel some seats will be blocked until closer to departure. On the 777-300ER to SFO in F they block 1A and 1K until airport check-in. I prefer a window seat in the back of the F cabin, 2A or 2K. You might want to pre-order your meal.