FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Category Changes 2019
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:23 am
jn in ca

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by expert7700
at 11:03pm I hit confirm on a booking and it went thru at old rate.

at 11:05pm another reservation attmpt showed the old rate then at last step gave "error, the price has changed on the room you selected.

at about 12:30am CST the mobile app started showing the new rate.
Out of curiosity I did a search a few minutes after the cutoff and all the old rates were still there, but when I tried later that night the new rates were showing up.

Since I got burned by Radisson a few weeks ago when they loaded their new chart at the start of what was supposed to be the final day, this time I did not wait until the last day, but I did make some cancellation/modifications last night.

Originally Posted by swingaling
I had some pre-existing reservations booked at the old rates. The reservations now show the new rates, but I haven’t been refunded the points difference for those bookings. Any idea when those should happen?
From the (now removed) FAQ:

11. How will award nights booked prior to 11:01 p.m. CT, March 18, 2019, be impacted if the hotel I am staying at now requires fewer points?Any Free Night or Points & Cash Award booked prior to 11:01 p.m. CT, March 18, 2019, for nights on or after March 18, 2019, at a property that is shifting to a lower category and will require fewer points will receive an adjustment. World of Hyatt Customer Service will proactively deposit the point difference into a member’s account starting on March 19, 2019. If the reservation that received an adjustment is canceled, the points originally deducted for the award reservation will be returned to the members account and the adjusted points will be removed from the member’s account. For example, a member with a Free Night Award booked before 11:01 p.m. CT, March 18, 2019, for a Category 2 hotel for 8,000 points that is moving to a Category 1 hotel that requires 5,000 points on 11:01 p.m. CT, March 18, 2019, will receive 3,000 points returned to his/her account. If the member cancels this Free Night Award, 8,000 points will be returned to the members account and 3,000 points will be deducted.
Originally Posted by elg26
In getting a 404 error when trying to access the link.... is there another webpage?
That one raises some eyebrows. Hyatt has already pulled down the web page with the changes and the FAQ. I couldn't find it on Google or the Internet Wayback Machine either. However, I still have the page, because I was too tired to close all my tabs last night. Gotcha Hyatt!

I'll post it here if the moderators do not mind the length.