FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best means of travel (air/train) to a Languedoc village
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:22 am
notmypetunia

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
Best means of travel (air/train) to a Languedoc village

I don’t typically have issues maneuvering through airports, however, sprinkle in other forms of public transportation and it becomes a huge challenge for me. Therefore, I come to the pros for guidance.Flying from EWR into CDG in June, staying a couple days in Paris, then heading on a Saturday to South of France lodging described as being in the center of a Languedoc village (says close to center of the lively village of Capestang), walking distance to the Canal-du-Midi. Then two of us will need to depart on Tuesday back to EWR (or one of us may even fly back to IAD to be at work by noon Wednesday). From what I understand, it’s possible to take the train from Paris to a station in either Narbonne or Beziers, both of which are about half an hour from the property. It was also thought that perhaps Barcelona might be a closer airport option heading back to the US, though R/T CDG seems to offer better airfares. Any guidance on the planes/trains/automobile thing? I am so geographically challened and it's unfortunate we're there such a short time...would rather not waste precious time with avoidable travel logistics. Thank you!

Last edited by notmypetunia; Mar 19, 2019 at 10:12 am