FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much longer will LH fly the A380?
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:23 am
SleepOverGreenland

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sophialite

For starters, the screen is tiny. I don’t know this for sure but I think my next gen iPad Pro is basically the same size from edge to edge.

The privacy screen is also weird. It feels half assed. Might as well go to a more enclosed suite a la LX.

And I don’t think LH disagrees, given their stated intention of upgrading F in the coming years to match LX.
I still see LX B777 and LH A380/346 on par. Just forget about B748. But both concepts have some pros and some cons. I often read about the screen. I believe the screen is important in (boring) Economy, but why would I need a larger and larger screen in First. More flickering that disturbs in the cabin? On all my very many flights I've recognized people are dining, people are sleeping, and people are working on their latop or handwritten notes. That's it about first. Of course a movie here and there, but do the addtional 2 or 3 inches really make a difference?

I like the open LH concept over all that suite narrowness. It is nice with LH having the raising screens and it closes much of the seat/bed. Great for me, I can sleep very well and I have no issues not having a fully closed seat/bed.

I have not heard a single note yet that LH is going to upgrade the first class cabin. Aside the fact that we will soon only see first class in 27 of more than 100 longhaul aircrafts there is just Spohr's statement to keep first class at 50%. Magic math in my opinion. Well and some unconfirmed rumours to decrease the number of F seats.