FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:27 am
AY1337

Yeah, my other priceline ticket went trough Finnair as it had more Finnair segments..

Anyway, the LA 787 experience was ... not amazing.

There's a completely separate priority check-in and security at SCL with the lounge just right after the security - so soon that I almost missed it! The lounge's also pretty good.

The LA712 is a SCL-JNB-TLV -flight, so there was very rude and annoying "random" (I think all business class who didn't have children with them) extra security between the gate and the plane where they made us stand our backs on the wall and did an explosives sweep while the Y walked past us to the plane. It was super weird and very uncomfortable, clearly for everyone. I'm assuming it's because the plane was continuing to Israel.

The 787 was OLD and the 2-2-2 is pretty uncomfortable for solo travellers. I was sitting in 1A and there's really no privacy from whomever ends up sitting next to you. Overall the interior feels like the 80's and not in a good way. The plane is also really good with blocking any wireless signals, so all mobile data signals of everyone instantly died on planing. This is probably very good to know if you're planning to send a "Alright, boarded and ready for takeoff" messages someone who's expecting one.. (I'm assuming it's because of the pretty cool self dimming windows)

The service was ok, food wasn't very good, but it was a four hour flight in a full flat seat so I'm not going to go over the board complaining about it.

Will be flying the 767 from GRU to JNB overnight tomorrow, so will report back.